Choice and Medication is probably the world’s biggest, best and most comprehensive independent website for patients, carers and healthcare professionals about mental health conditions and the choice of medication available to treat them.
We provide high quality, up-to-date, credible patient information and resources to help service users and carers with their medicines in the most appropriate way.
Evidence based improvement in knowledge and understanding, also suitable as an educational resource for all healthcare professionals.
The Choice and Medication website provides:
- Answers to over 30 of the most commonly asked questions about 150 psychotropic drugs
- Answers to 14 of the most commonly asked questions about 22 mental health conditions
- Over 2200 separate sections on mental health conditions and medications
- Over 300 user friendly, printable leaflets available
- Unique ‘Handy Charts’ to compare medicines for conditions
- Patient information Leaflets (PILLs), providing a summary of each medicine on two sides of A4
- Quick Information Leaflets (QuILLs), offering easy read versions for younger people e.g. with ADHD or early intervention
- Brief Information Leaflets (BILLs), offering brief information in larger print on one side of A4 (450 to 500 words)
- Totally independent website with no adverts, no pop-ups and no industry sponsorship
- Meets stringent IPDAS criteria (International Patient Decision Aid Standards)
- Produced and maintained by specialist pharmacists
- Impeccable credentials of site authors as national experts
- Endorsed by the College of Mental Health Pharmacy
- Independent service user groups monitoring website content
- An online system for immediate feedback on User Experience and Usability
- User analytics available for organisational subscriptions