The bulk of information directly related to medication featured on the Choice and Medication© website was developed by Professor Stephen Bazire BPharm(Hons), FRPharmS, DipPsychPharm, FCMHP, GHP Gold Medal (2013), MBE, Director and author of the Psychotropic Drug Directory.
Information on the medication featured in Choice and Medication© website is based on high quality, up-to-date, credible and assured published data.
The information sources we use include:
- UK British National Formulary (BNF, published by the British Medical Association and Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain)
- Martindale (the extra pharmacopoea, published by RPSGB Pharmaceutical Press)
- Psychotropic Drug Directory (latest edition)
- Data Sheet Compendium (UK Manufacturers Data Sheets, published by the Association of British Pharmaceutical Industry)
- Royal College of Psychiatrists advice and guidelines and the current medical literature
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)
- Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network (SIGN)